Auction Rooms Cafe
103-107 Errol St, North Melbourne VIC 3051
Phone:(03) 9326 7749
When you enter into Auction Rooms Cafe, the space is completely open planned and airy, warm wooden floors, split level with a greenhouse area at the back left corner.
It would be a great venue to hire out for an event.
- The New Golden Oldie – Elderflower, ginger & golden syrup (4.5)
- Kombucha – Purple raspberry remedy organic bubbly probiotic tea (4.5)
- 2x Two poached eggs on sourdough or seed & sprout bread (9.5 each)
- Black pudding and butifarra white sausage with onion jam (6.5)
- Crispy ham & potato stakes with spiced tomato chutney (5.5)
It was a hot summer day, so both drinks were a welcome-ly refreshing from the midday heat. I personally preferred the kombucha, but I really enjoyed both!
Next to the food. Poached eggs were done perfectly with yolk that oozed out as you cut into the egg. We forgot to specify what bread we wanted, and got the sprout and seed bread. I do love bread with bite and texture. I am not typically a fan of plain white bread, so this dish hit the spot.
The black pudding and butifarra white sausage with onion jam – yum! With the white sausage the base is more salty than the top. I didn’t realise this, and at first thought it was all extremely salty! When in actual fact, it was not the case. The black pudding was delicious. Overall the side is on the salty-side though, so it does complement the poached eggs quite well.
Overall a cool place to hang out, catch up with friends, while away some time, and people watch.
Value for money: 7/10
Overall Score: 31/40